Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Open Your Heart

I think that most people are wary of entering into a new relationship.  They worry about getting hurt.  They hold back.  They try not to reveal too much.  They are cautious. 

I am here to tell you this...you get out of it what you put into it.  If you hold back, if you are not your authentic self, if you are afraid of getting hurt and operate as such, then that is what you will receive out of it. 

I have had some devastating things happen in my past.  I have been betrayed in more than one way.  I have had my heart break almost completely...But you know what?  I will never let any of the past affect how I proceed in a new relationship once it is presented to me.  If I were to allow the negative and hurtful things from my past dictate how I would act in my future, well, then the past and those negative experiences would have control over me.  I will not allow anyone or anything from my past control how I act today. 

Once I have the chance to enter into something new.  I will enter into it fully with an open mind and an open heart.  I will hold nothing back.  By giving fully I will receive fully.  It is just that simple. 

It takes courage to love again, trust again, open up yourself.  I have that courage.  I will keep my eyes and heart wide open.  I will look into the distant sky with joy and anticipation. 

I will only peek back into my past to retain the lessons that I have learned.  The lessons learned will stay with me, but nothing else. 

I will charge into a new relationship with my torch of love and light held high.  It will guide me.  It will light the way.  As long as I follow my heart, I will do fine.  And the exciting part is not knowing exactly where it may take me.  That is part of the experience, the ride, the vast adventure! 

There are good things to come for all of us.  You just have to believe it!   

Sapphire Moonbeam 

No comments:

Post a Comment